Who will be looking after me?
Dr Natalia Bratu will perform your treatment.
Chemical Peel Benefits
- Improve the overall tone and texture of your skin
- Lighten and brighten your skin
- Remove or reduce sun damage and age spots
- Reduce pore size and soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate hyper-pigmentation and acne scars
- Improve acne skin conditions and Melasma (the appearance of brown to gray-brown patches of skin due to the body producing too much melanin)
- Stimulate the production of collagen resulting in firmer skin
- Slow down the aging process and prevent wrinkles
The Perfect Peel Ingredients
- Trichloracetic Acid (TCA)
- Salicylic Acid (reduces inflammation and exfoliates the skin)
- Retinoic Acid (easily absorbed by the skin cells and helps to prevent the onset of wrinkles, dark spots and other signs of aging by regulating cell production
- Glutathione (antioxidant, penetrating deep into the cellular level of the skin to fight oxidant damage – the anti-aging answer to premature wrinkling)
- Kojic Acid (powerful lightening agent and proven to increase collagen and elastin production
- Phenol (penetrates the skin deep to address more serious imperfections such as blotchiness, coarse wrinkles, and acne scars.)
- Vitamin C ( its antioxidant properties and role in collagen synthesis make vitamin C a vital molecule for skin health)
How does the Perfect Peel Compare with Other Peels
The Perfect Peel combines intense ingredients with effective acids to deliver outstanding results after one treatment. This unique formula allows for an increase in lifting of fine lines and wrinkles as well as a lightening of Melasma, sun damage and Hyper-pigmentation. The Perfect Peel is a non-invasive relatively pain free treatment that entails only 5-7 days of peeling.
How many treatments are required?
After one treatment of The Perfect Peel, overall skin tone and complexion will appear smooth, glowing and fresh. Depending on skin conditions, multiple treatments may be necessary for desired results. A series of 2-3 treatments applied once every 4 weeks will allow for optimal results for more severe skin conditions such as Melasma and active acne.
How long will my results last?
As long as the skin is maintained with good quality skin care products such as The Perfect C serum the improved results will last. We recommend two to three treatments of The Perfect Peel per year to sustain desired results for regular maintenance and rejuvenation.
What skin types respond well to The Perfect Peel
All skin types (Fitzpatrick 1-6) are safe to treat and will reveal considerable improvements from The Perfect Peel.
What type of preconditioning is required?
The Perfect Peel requires no preconditioning of the skin prior to treatment. Only those patients who use Accutane must stop usage 3 months prior to treatment in order to achieve desired results.
Does the Perfect Peel burn?
You may feel a slight stinging or tingling sensation which will subside after just a few seconds. Numbing takes place once the first pass of The Perfect Peel solution is applied. A fan or cool breeze may be used for the comfort of the patient. Skin will be more sensitive during the peeling process until the PH level is replenished.
How long will the application process take?
The Perfect Peel application only takes 15 minutes to administer.
How severe is the peeling?
The amount of peeling skin associated with The Perfect Peel is mainly a sloughing of thin sheets of epidermis skin that begins around day three and generally is completed by day six or seven.
What will I look like during The Perfect Peel process and post-treatment?
Immediately after the peel has been applied the skin will either appear like a sunburn, or darker. On day three peeling will begin. The Perfect Peel home care moisturiser (included with each peel) will reduce the visibility of peeling by hydrating. By day six or seven the peeling process should be complete and the results are visibly astonishing.
Will my daily activities be affected post-treatment?
Normal activities may be resumed immediately post peel. We only recommend avoiding heavy exercise and excessive sweating during the peeling process.
Can I wear make-up post-peel?
The day the peel is applied the patient should not put any make up or other products on his or her face post peel. Makeup may be worn on day 2 of the peeling process.
How many treatments are required?
The Perfect Peel may be applied initially every four weeks if necessary until the desired results are achieved. Thereafter, we recommend once every 3-4 months to maintain results and to prevent further aging and environmental damage.
Can other parts of the body be treated?
The face, neck, chest and hands are the most commonly applied areas. The Perfect Peel can be applied to other areas of the body, but the process and the results will not necessarily be the same.
Will acne and acne scars improve from treatment?
The Perfect Peel formula was designed to help improve various problematic skin conditions. Acne is a major factor in what this treatment is tailored to resolve. The Perfect Peel helps minimise the damage and scarring done by acne. The Glutathione helps increase cellular turnover to dramatically improve stubborn acne scars. A series of peels will be necessary to diminish the damage and scarring.
How will The Perfect Peel improve my skin?
The Perfect Peel will help erase fine lines and wrinkles, reduce enlarged pores, help build collagen and elastin which will help to tighten and firm the skin. In addition, it will reduce or even eliminate Hyper-pigmentation and Melasma. Acne and acne scars are dramatically improved. The treatment fights free radical damage to remove discoloration due to sun damage and even out overall skin tone and complexion.
Sun exposure should be avoided before and during the peel process to avoid uneven exposure and to prevent skin damage from UV rays.