Non-Surgical PRP Vampire Facelift
PRP Vampire Facelift, what is it?
PRP Vampire Facelifts are carried out by both of our doctors, Dr. Natalia Bratu and Dr. Lucy Kelly. You’re in good hands!
Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment is an innovative non-surgical facial treatment and is more commonly known as the Vampire Facelift.
Your own blood is used by taking a blood sample from your arm, separating the blood components using a dedicated machine, and removing the plasma which is used for treatment.
Treatment using platelet-rich-plasma (PRP)
Medical procedures using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) were developed in 2003 by Regen Lab in Lausanne in Switzerland. PRP injections are currently the preferred method for improving the quality of the skin and hair.
So what happens?
1. The doctor extracts a small amount of blood.
2. This blood is centrifuged so that only the enriched cells or blood platelets remain.
3. The platelets (PRP) are then injected into the skin using an extremely fine needle.
4. The enriched plasma will slowly but surely produce younger, firmer, and tighter skin.
The treatment is completely safe. The major advantage of a Platelet Rich Plasma treatment is that you are treated with a natural body substance. It’s as natural as it gets!
Platelet-Rich Plasma contains several growth factors. These growth factors are regeneration-promoting signaling molecules.
As a result, Platelet Rich Plasma is thought to promote physiological wound healing and rapid soft and hard tissue regeneration by delivering growth factors at high concentrations to the treated site.
It stimulates the production of collagen and keratin (which is why this is a great treatment to tackle areas of Hair Loss). The perfect treatment to intensify the body’s natural healing treatment by significantly boosting collagen and keratin levels in the treated areas.
Results can be seen instantly with skin visibly smoother and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Platelet Rich Plasma is the perfect treatment for the following reasons:
- Improvement of the texture of the skin.
- Increase in skin thickness and vitality gradually.
- Minimal safety concerns – non-allergenic and free from concerns over transmissible diseases.
- May be used for sensitive areas, like fine skin under the eyes.
- May be combined with other treatments to stimulate the biological effect.
Before & After Photos
Remember, every client is different and results will vary. This is why we always have a consultation with our patients before going ahead with treatments so that the patient is aware of the results he or she may get – or not get.
By using your own blood, your doctor is regenerating the skin and rejuvenating the cells within your own body without the discomfort of using someone else’s blood, or artificial products.
Pre & Post Treatment Advice
You must not have taken any NSAIDs in the 48 hours prior to treatment.
(anti-inflammatory drugs e.g. Ibuprofen (Nurofen), mefanamic acid (Ponstan) ,diclofenac (Difene)
- Slight redness, swelling and bruising is possible straight after treatment but usually subsides after a few days.
- You may have slight bruising on your arm where your blood is drawn.
- In general, to reduce bruising in this area it is advised to apply pressure to the injection site for 3-5 minutes afterwards.
- We always recommend to patients who would bruise easily or are unsure if they bruise easily to take an high strength freshly prepared arnica supplement for a few days before treatment and to keep taking for 3-5 days post-treatment. You can buy this high strength (200c) arnica in health shops and homeopathy stores.
- Arnica cream is also very effective to bring down any bruising and swelling post-treatment.
- As with any facial treatments it is advised to stay out of direct sunlight as much as possible and to avoid using any harsh toners or cleansers on the treated area.
- It is best to avoid strenuous exercise post-treatment as it may cause bruising.
- If you have any queries regarding post-treatment, please don’t hesitate to contact us or ask before leaving the clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of our doctors, Dr. Natalia Bratu or Dr. Lucy Kelly, will be looking after you and will have a full consultation with you to discuss your medical health and suitability, benefits and risks of PRP, and result and post-treatment expectations.
A small number of people are not suitable for treatment. This can be down to pre-existing medical conditions, Your lifestyle, and current physical condition.
At your consultation, the doctor may deem you unsuitable for treatment. In Refine Clinic we do not pressure our clients to go ahead with any treatment until they are ready so there is no problem if you decide to come back another day and take time to consider your treatment options.
That is no problem at all. Your doctor will take her time with you. She will go through the treatment and do her absolute best to reassure you. If at any point you decide not to have treatment that is also no problem.
In general, treatment takes about 60 minutes.
For optimum results, we would generally advise that three treatments should be taken. Leaving a 4-8 week gap between each treatment. Thereafter, maintenance treatments are advised every 6-12 months.
A contraindication is a specific situation in which a drug, procedure, or surgery should not be used because it may be harmful to the person. You may not have this treatment if you:
– are pregnant
– are breastfeeding
– have muscular/neurology diseases/disorders
– have a history of cancer
– are taking antibiotics
– are a heavy drinker of alcohol
– under 18 years of age