Hair Loss Treatments
Over the last number of years, Refine Clinic has seen a dramatic growth in patients seeking non-surgical options for treating hair loss.
To ensure that that we have non-surgical options for all of our patients, we offer our patients 2 different paths to treating Hair loss. The treatments can also treat patients with telogen effluvium and male and female androgenetic alopecia.
Below is some information on one option which uses your own blood, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment for Hair Loss. We also have a non-invasive, no-needle approach from Tricopat, which can combat hereditary hair loss. It is an alternative, but can also complement PRP.
Please feel free to read the information and the FAQs. We do advise you, however, to arrange a consultation with one of our doctors to discuss your specific issues. The doctor will then help you decide the best treatment option for your individual circumstances.
PRP Hair Loss Therapy
The Power of Your Own Blood
Your own blood is used by taking a blood sample from your arm, separating the blood components using a dedicated machine, and removing the plasma which is then used for treatment. Platelets have hundreds of specialized proteins called growth factors that aid healing. More importantly, is that these growth factors help to create or stimulate new hair follicles,
Dr. Bratu recommends starting with three treatments, each 4 weeks apart and after a few months, your hair should seem thicker and fuller than before. Depending on your individual circumstances additional treatments may be advised but for most patients, three will suffice. On average, the benefits of PRP Treatments last forever.
However, most patients would need to repeat treatments after a year, on average, in order to maintain the hair growth effects. Please remember that every patient will have different results.
You can contact us at any time via Email or Phone about this treatment and to find out if you’re a suitable candidate.
Priced from €400
Small injections providing major results
1. Dr. Bratu will extract a small amount of blood.
2. This blood is centrifuged so that only the enriched cells or blood platelets remain.
3. The platelets are then injected into the scalp using an extremely fine needle.
4. The enriched plasma will slowly but surely encourage healthy and fuller hair regrowth.
The treatment is completely safe. The major advantage of a PRP treatment is that you are treated with a natural body substance. It’s as natural as it gets!
Benefits of PRP Therapy
Platelet Rich Plasma contains several growth factors. These growth factors are regeneration-promoting signalling molecules.
As a result, PRP is thought to promote physiological wound healing and rapid soft and hard tissue regeneration by delivering growth factors at high concentrations to the treated site.
It stimulates the production of collagen and keratin (which is why this is a great treatment to tackle areas of hair loss). The perfect treatment to intensify the body’s natural healing treatment by significantly boosting collagen and keratin levels in the treated areas.
Results can be seen instantly with skin visibly smoother and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
PRP therapy is the perfect treatment for the following reasons:
- Improvement the texture of skin.
- Increase in skin thickness and vitality gradually.
- Minimal safety concerns – non-allergenic and free from concerns over transmissible diseases.
- May be used for sensitive areas, like fine skin under the eyes.
- Can combined with other treatments to stimulate biological effect.
Other PRP Treatments at Refine Clinic:
PRP Therapy for Urinary Incontinence in Women.
PRP Treatment for Hand Wrinkles.
Phone: 01-5645926 | 087 164 7942
Before & After Photos
Pre & Post Treatment Advice
- Avoid smoking three days before and after the treatment at minimum.
- Please consult your medical practitioner before your treatment if you take blood thinning medication.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided the day before your PRP treatment.
- On the morning of your treatment, wash your hair as you normally would with regular shampoo, but do not use conditioner.
- We ask that you avoid the application of sprays, gel or any styling products to your hair or scalp.
- Consume a breakfast/lunch as normal and try to drink at least half a litre of water at least 2-3 hours before your treatment.
- Slight redness, swelling and bruising is possible straight after treatment but usually subsides after a few days.
- Avoid touching the treated areas for at least 8 hours.
- Do not wash or wet your hair or scalp for at least 4 hours after your procedure.
- You may have slight bruising on your arm where your blood is drawn.
- In general, to reduce bruising in this area it is advised to apply pressure to the injection site for 3-5 minutes afterwards.
- We always recommend to patients who would bruise easily or are unsure if they bruise easily to take an high strength freshly prepared arnica supplement for a few days before treatment and to keep taking for 3-5 days post-treatment. You can buy this high strength (200c) arnica in health shops and homeopathy stores.
- Arnica cream is also very effective to bring down any bruising and swelling post-treatment.
- Please be sure to limit: sun exposure, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine consumption to promote healing.
- As with any facial treatments it is advised to stay out of direct sunlight as much as possible and to avoid using any harsh toners or cleansers on the treated area.
- It is best to avoid strenuous exercise post-treatment as it may cause bruising.
- If you have any queries regarding post-treatment, please don’t hesitate to contact us or ask before leaving the clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Natalia Bratu or Dr. Lucy Kelly will be looking after you and will have a full consultation with you to discuss your medical health and suitability, benefits and risks of PRP, and result and post-treatment expectations.
A small number of people are not suitable for treatment. This can be down to pre-existing medical conditions, Your lifestyle, and current physical condition.
At your consultation, one of our doctors may deem you unsuitable for treatment. In Refine Clinic we do not pressure our clients to go ahead with any treatment until they are ready so there is no problem if you decide to come back another day and take time to consider your treatment options.
That is no problem at all. The doctor will take her time with you. They will go through the treatment and do their absolute best to reassure you. If at any point you decide not to have treatment that is also no problem.
In general, treatment takes 60 minutes.
For optimum results, we would generally advise that three treatments should be taken. Leaving a 4-8 week gap between each treatment. Thereafter, maintenance treatments are advised every 6-12 months.