Non-Surgical Facelift – Threads
What is Facial Thread Lifting?
Facial Threading is designed to lift and hold soft and sagging facial tissues for a refreshed look and more defined facial contours. Essentially, it is a non-invasive, non-surgical facelift.
As we age, our skin begins to suffer minor downward gravitational effects, and the face starts to become more “bottom heavy”. This causes visible skin laxity and facial sagging. Skin laxity occurs when the skin loses its firmness and structure.
A facial thread lift aims to combat these signs of aging.
Areas Suitable For Treatment
- Horizontal winkles on the forehead
- Frontal furrow
- Declining brows
- Skin flaccidity below lower eyelids (puffy eyes)
- Deepened nasolabial folds
- Buccal zygomatic furrow (cheeks)
- Chin folds
- Marionette lines
- V-lifting (jaw line)
- Declining cheeks
- Corrections of zygomatic area (cheek bones)
- Flaccidity of skin below jaw
- Wrinkles around mouth (smokers lines)
Benefits of Facial Thread Lifting
Improves Laxity and facial sagging.
Immediate and long-lasting facial contour reshaping.
Improvement of facial contour deformities.
Get rid of your jowls.
Helps to reduce deep wrinkles.
If you think Facial Thread Lifting is the perfect treatment for you, get in touch with us.
Before & After Photos
Improved Nasolabial Folds
Diminished Marionette Lines & Jowl Improvements
Eye Brow Lift
Male Jawline Lift
Premium Thread Products
Timeless Rejuvenation with MINT™ PDO
What is MINT™ PDO Thread Lift?
How do I know if I am a good candidate for MINT™ PDO?
How safe is it?
What kind of results can be achieved with MINT™ PDO?
Benefits of MINT™ PDO
What if I have other procedures I have done or want to get done?
How long does the MINT™ PDO procedure take?
What is PDO(Polydioxanone)?
PDO(Polydioxanone) is a biodegradable polymer that has been used as a surgical suture. It naturally dissolves
and absorbs in the human body and promotes skin elasticity by stimulating collagen synthesis. PDO is a safe
raw material that is non-antigenic and fully dissolved within 6 months of the procedure.
Signs of aging – consult your doctor
As we age our skin begins to suffer minor downward gravitational effects and the face starts to become more bottom heavy. This causes visible skin laxity and facial sagging.
For facial curves and contours reshaping
Definisse Threads are the result of 10 years of research and studies aimed at achieving an effective solution for a non-surgical, minimally invasive face lifting effect; adding definition to facial contours. Threads are a range of absorbable, monofilament, suspension-barbed threads of synthetic origin (poly-L-lactic acid and caprolactone, p(LA-CL)) to be used for tissue mobilisation and reshaping
Key characteristics are:
- Definisse Threads are barbed which allows the thread to be anchored once inserted in the tissue3. This results in:
– AN IMMEDIATE LIFTING EFFECT
– A DELAYED LIFTING EFFECT, due to the fibrosis that appears along the length of the thread.
- Definisse Threads show a greater elasticity and a lower plasticity compared to p(LA) threads, as showed measuring the maximum strain percentage and the recovered fraction after the load application and removal.
Clinical studies show that Definisse Threads allow
- An immediate facial reshaping
- Good patient satisfaction levels
Definisse offers three different Threads
There are 3 different types of lifting threads: Double Needle Threads, Free Floating Threads & Ancorage Threads.
1.Definisse Double Needle Threads
These threads are used for cheek, jawline, oval and lateral reshaping around the eyebrows or lower jaw area.
JR Technique – Jawline Reshaping
This technique allows for the reshaping of the frame of the jawline, providing a minimally invasive thread lifting of the lower face.
The lateral lifting of the soft tissue on the mandibular area allows for better definition of the mandibular angle.
MR Technique – Malar Reshaping
This allows for the reshaping of the facial frame by lifting the superficial fat compartments of the malar and cheekbone area, to a more upper and lateral position. Malar region contouring is indicated to the patients having the following problems:
- Sunken and saggy cheeks.
- Facial contour deformities.
- Malar asymmetry.
- The irregular shape of the cheekbone.
LR Technique – Lateral Reshaping
Lateral Reshaping reshapes by lifting the superficial fat compartment of the cheeks to a more upper and more lateral position. Studies have shown that this particular technique is extremely effective in Caucasians.
OR-V Technique – Oval Reshaping
Oval Reshaping allows for the reshaping of the facial frame by lifting the mid and lower face cheek fat, which results in a more oval face.
2. Definisse Free Floating Threads
Used for soft tissue repositioning, primarily around the cheekbones.
STR-2 Technique – Soft Tissue Reshaping 2
STR-2 allows for repositioning of the malar tissue and the remodelling of the treated area in those affected by mild Ptosis. Ptosis is when the upper eyelid droops over the eye. It can sometimes be caused by damage to the nerve that controls the eyelid muscles.
STR-3 Technique – Soft Tissue Reshaping 3
This technique is very similar to STR-2, but is used to treat those with moderate ptosis.
3. Definisse Ancorage Threads
AGR-J Technique – Anti-Gravity Jawline Reshaping
This is an advanced treatment that allows for the reshaping of the lower face, providing a minimally invasive face lift.
AGR-M Technique – Anti-Gravity Malar Reshaping
Similar to AGR-J, this particular treatment reshapes and repositions the malar area. Both techniques aim to slow down the signs of ageing, such as sagging, jowling or facial heaviness.
Pre and Post Treatment Advice
In order to achieve safe and effective results from your facial thread lifting treatment, please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling and redness on the treated area.
- It’s best to sleep on your back for about 3-5 days, in an elevated position.
- Don’t use make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours).
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days)
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks).
- Over-exposure to direct sunlight is not recommended and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks).
- No exercise, especially high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks).
- Do not use saunas or hammams (3 weeks).
- No dental surgery (3 weeks).
- Refrain from face and neck massages (4 weeks).
- We recommend leaving 2 weeks between aesthetic treatments. Depending on the procedures, a longer time interval may be required.
- Drink lots of water! (1.5-2.0 litres of water per day).
- Immediately after the implant, it is normal to have irregularities and skin depressions that will disappear within a few days
- Reactions such as erythema (redness), edema (swelling) and needle-induced trauma with consequent blood haematomas may be induced by the way of implantation and the product itself and usually resolve in a span of time between few hours or a few days with or without proper medical therapy
- Allergic reactions or infections may occur. In this case you need to contact Dr. Natalia to evaluate an appropriate treatment option for you.
Please contact us immediately if you experience any of the above mentioned side effects, or if you experience excessive pain and discomfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr Natalia Bratu will have a full consultation with you to assess you for suitability. At this consultation you will have an opportunity to discuss facial areas of concern, the results you expect post-treatment, and your pre-treatment and post-treatment care. A full medical history will be taken which is, of course, completely confidential.
This consultation must be paid at time of booking. The charge is €100 and is redeemable against facial thread lifting treatment.
Dr Natalia Bratu will perform the procedure.
We often encounter patients who are apprehensive about treatments that involve needles, so please don’t feel embarrassed or uncomfortable about your anxiety. During your consultation, Dr Natalia can prescribe a light medication for you to take the night before treatment and a couple of hours pre-treatment to help your anxiety.
No, pain and discomfort are minimal during the procedure. Dr. Natalia will apply an anaesthetic cream to your face and allows it to take effect before the treatment is performed.
A cool ice compress can be applied to the face to bring down inflammation or any swelling for 24-48 hours.
This procedure does not affect your ability to work however if you don’t want anyone to know you have had treatment the bruising may bring attention to your treatment. Depending upon your job and your tolerance for some minor bruising and swelling, you may be able to return to work in 2-3 days following the procedure.
Arnica tablets can speed up bruising recovery. These can be found in your local homeopathy or health food store. Some patients who bruise easily start to take them a few days before treatment and have reported that they reduced their bruising.
You are not suitable for treatment if you:
- have any inflammation of the skin
- have an autoimmune disease
- suffer from keloid scarring (irregular fibrous tissue formed at the site of a scar or injury)
- are epileptic
- have any blood disorders in particular blood coagulation disorders, or if you take any anti-coagulant medication including over the counter products containing aspirin.