Hydroboosters improve hydration, tone, and elasticity of the skin. They are Hyaluronic Acid products that have been formulated to improve the skin’s elasticity, hydration and radiance, it also smooths superficial fine lines and wrinkles caused by dynamic facial expression. These treatments are not fillers, rather we call these hydroboosters a skin booster.
So What Happens?
Your doctor injects a premium hyaluronic acid formula in superficial dermal tissue sometimes slightly deeper.
Hydrobooster treatments can be greatly beneficial in treating crows feet, smile lines and smoke lines around the mouth. As they provide deep hydration the skins glow and elasticity are restored, giving patients a more youthful vibrant look.
- Improving elasticity, radiance and smoothness of the skin
- Biorestructuring activity prolonged over time and safety guaranteed by the specific formula
- Stretching superficial wrinkles for those with moderate to advanced signs of ageing
- Particularly indicated for the dynamic areas of the face (perioral, periocular, forehead)
Before & After Hydroboosters
Pre & Post Treatment Advice
- For the best results, and to minimize the chance of bleeding or bruising at the injection site, please avoid all blood-thinning medications and supplements for one week prior to your appointment. This includes over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as garlic, vitamin E, ginko biloba, St. John’s Wort and omega-3 capsules. If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of aspirin.
- Please inform us if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A) retinols, retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any “anti-aging” products for two days before and after treatment.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Do not use hydro boosters if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of it’s ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders.
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling and redness on the injection site.
- Avoid physical strain, sudden head movements and sports the first day after the treatment.
- Avoid direct exposure to ultraviolet light (solar exposure, lamps) in the 4 weeks following the treatment.
- Avoid intense hot (Sauna, steam bath) or intense cold in the 4 weeks following treatment.
- Avoid further cosmetic therapies for the first two weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid massaging the injection site.
- Avoid the intake of significant amounts of alcohol for a period of 10 to 14 days after the treatment.
- Avoid application of make-up for at least 12 hrs post-procedure. Stay well hydrated (1.5–2.0 l water per day).
Frequently Asked Questions
We are a doctor-led and patient-centric clinic so therefore one of our medical doctors, Dr Natalia Bratu or Dr Lucy Kelly, will be looking after you and will have a full consultation with you to discuss your medical health and suitability, benefits and risks of hydroboosters, results and post-treatment expectations.
A small number of people are not suitable for treatment. This can be down to pre-existing medical conditions, Your lifestyle, and current physical condition.
At your consultation, the doctor may deem you unsuitable for treatment. In the Refine Clinic we do not pressure our clients to go ahead with any treatment until they are ready so there is no problem if you decide to come back another day and take time to consider your treatment options.
These treatments typically take 30 minutes.
You will start to see results immediately and they will become more pronounced over time. Results generally last 6 months.
That is no problem at all. Your doctor will take their time with you. They will go through the treatment and will answer all your questions to reassure you. If you decide not to have treatment at any point, that is also no problem. There may be other different treatments that you may be more comfortable with if appropriate for the issues or needs you have.
- When injected intra-articularly, local secondary inflammatory reactions may occur at the site of injection. This may result in temporary pain, feeling of heat, redness and swelling in the joint or area treated with the HA preparation. Icepack application in the minutes following the injection, or oral analgesic treatment (acetaminophen) the day following the injection may decrease these inconveniences. The intake of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) must be avoided. Following injection with HA, there have also been occasional reports of hyper-sensitivity, including, rarely, anaphylaxis. The administration of HA was also reported to provoke pronounced inflammatory reactions. The injection may lead to infection if general precautions for injection and asepsis are not respected.
Treatments Related to Hydroboosters
Hydroboosters are an amazing treatment and we have a number of similar and related treatments that you may find interesting. Click on the buttons below for more information.