Your liver is one of the largest organs in the body and it is also one of the most important organs in the body. The skin is the only organ heavier and larger than the liver. The liver is protected by your ribs.
Your liver has 2 main sections (lobes). Each section consists of 8 segments and these segments are made up of thousands of lobes, called lobules. Lobules are connected to small ducts that connect to larger ducts, forming the common hepatic duct. The common hepatic duct transports bile made by your liver cells to the gallbladder and the first part of the small intestine (the duodenum).
Liver Health is so important because your liver acts as the body’s chemical processing plant. Some of its main functions include:
- Changing food into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy.
- Storing nutrients from the foods you eat.
- Removing waste from your blood.
- Stores and releases glucose as needed.
- Controls blood clotting.
- Producing enzymes and bile to aid digestion.
When your liver breaks down harmful substances, they are excreted into the bile or blood.
Bile by-products enter the intestine and leave the body in bowel movements and Blood by-products are filtered out by the kidneys and leave the body in the form of urine.
6 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
There are many times you should make the effort to cleanse your body, but your liver is one of the most important organs to keep in check.
- Remove toxic foods from your diet.
- Drink raw vegetable juice.
- Load up on potassium-rich foods.
- Take Milk Thistle, dandelion, and turmeric supplements.
- Eat beef liver.
- Take liver tablets.
If you think you might benefit from talking to a professional in the case of having concerns over the health of your liver, you can contact us one of the following ways:
Book An Appointment : www.refineclinic.ie/book-online
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : 01-5645926
WhatsApp : 087-1647942